Tuesday 14 November 2017

Fall Makeup Staples


During the Fall season I tend to change the way I do my makeup. What I like the most is to use darker colours of lipsticks, a berry pout is my go to when I want a touch of glam. To start with this makeup look, I like to use a good foundation. After the summer, my skin needs more that ever foundation.The healthy glowy colour has gone and a good coverage is very welcomed. Luckily Charlotte Tilbury has created a magic concoction (Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation) that includes mushroom extract, hyaluronic filling spheres and Vitamin C. The finish is velvety, not glowy nor completely matte. It stays pretty well throughout the day and the best thing is that it covers everything with its intelligent formula that dispenses evenly on the skin, but does not sit in imperfections. You can't get rid of all your blemishes and dark spots but at least, you can cover them. Bye uneven tone, hello beautiful skin! 

After I have achieved the perfect canvas to start with I apply By Terry Densiliss Concealer, the only one that doesn't dry my eye area and doesn't crease. I add a puff of Paris Berlin Loose Powder to set it all. Then, I warm up my skin with my favorite bronzer that smells like chocolate (Too Faced Chocolat Soleil), paired with a muted tone blush of my collection like (Milani Powder Blush 01 Romantic Rose)

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette create this "Let there be light" moment with its photoluminescence technology. The three shades can be used separately or layered for a multidimensional glow. I apply the shade Dim Light where I have more imperfections, like the dark circles under my eyes. It has peach undertones so it's perfect to blur these blue/grey discolorations. The middle one, Incandescent Strobe Light, goes right on my cheek bones, arches of my brows, cupid's bow...where I want to brighten up my skin with this opalescent glow. I finally apply Radiant Light to enhance my bronzer, because the one that I use from Too Faced has a completely matte finish.

NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in the shade Desdemona is probably my favourite one of my entire collection. Why? Because the colour is BEAU-TI-FUL!!
A warm plum with a frosted finish. It has a luxurious texture that can be applied dry or wet, depending of the intensity that you prefer. If you want mesmerizing eyes it´s easy. Apply this shade all oyer the eyelid and draw a feline flick with M.A.C. Prunella Eye liner. 

I saved the best for last, lipsticks! I find it so sophisticated and vampy to wear shades of dark berry on the lips. It´s a statement colour, not for everybody, but really glamorous. My two favourites are Charlotte Tilbury Glastonberry and M.A.C. Cosmetics Fashion Revival paired with Vino Lip Pencil by M.A.C.  For an event or a night out I wear Glastonberry and for a more casual occasion or during the day I prefer Fashion Revival that is lighter. Both of them have a matte finish and are very longlasting. You can eat your Thanksgiving feast and a stain will remain on your lips!

Do you also change the colours of your makeup depending on the season?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Beauty Satisfaction | All rights reserved.
Blog Template Designed by pipdig