Sunday 30 July 2017

3 Books to Read This Summer


Summer is one of my favorites seasons to read. I have more time to do it and I really enjoy to go out to a park in the city, to a beautiful beach or to the countryside and immerse myself in a fascinating story that completely captivates me. For my upcoming vacations that will be in August, this are the three books that I picked.

Into The Water by Paula Hawkins

I loved her first thriller The Girl on The Train. I remember to cross at the zebra crossings without paying attention and reading the book, because I couldn't take my eyes off the pages. The way she writes is addictive: the mystery, the characters, the way every detail is described...I expect of this book to be a rejoice of propulsive writing as her first novel was.
The story of this book takes place in a small-town. A mother is discovered dead at the bottom of the river. Now, her sister Jules has to take care of the teenage girl she has left behind. Jules is afraid to return to this place she taught she had escaped for good, the old Mill House. She is also afraid of the water, her past memories and a place they call the Drowning Pool...

Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert

The way Elizabeth Gilbert writes is very colloquial, she has an endearing prose, like you are talking to your best friend. I had a great time going throw all the pages of Eat, Pray, Love, a story based on her personal life. Each line, paragraph, made me think that Elizabeth Gilbert is a very likable writer as she narrates with intelligence, sense of humor and talent. This book is like a gift for all her devotees, as she shares her personal advice on how to improve your creative side. Based on her own experiences and her entourage, she will prove the power of ideas in life and how to avoid the fear when trying to be creative. I can't wait to read this book, because I desperately need some tips and tricks on following my dreams with my feet firmly on the ground.

The Girls by Emma Cline

I'm very interested in reading this book. Inspired by the Manson Family commune that arose in California in the late 60s, this is a story that explores the anxieties of teen girls and the dark side of craving acceptance. Evie Boyd, a lonely teen girl meets a group of girls that she idealizes by their freedom, careless dress and dangerous aura of abandon. She will be drowned in a cult move that will turn to unthinkable violence.
 This is the debut novel of Emma Cline, a feminist, melancholic, and I also hope, compelling narrative.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Beauty Satisfaction | All rights reserved.
Blog Template Designed by pipdig